Provide significant, research-based, original contributions to management practice.
The DBA is academically equivalent to the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) which comprises business studies, methodological courses, and seminars drawn from a pool of complementary fields of study. This programme prepares candidates to:
- Provide significant, research-based, original contributions to management practice.
- Facilitate further development of the Caribbean region and encourage critical research in all areas of management.
Benefits of the DBA:
- Practical and research-driven, to ensure students can produce primary research and provide business solutions to complex problems.
- International exposure through case studies, simulations, and faculty.
- Authentic Learning which provides practical courses, assignments and presentations that can be used for implementation in your organisation.
- Consultants, Subject Matter Experts, Industry Thought-Leaders, CEO’s; Faculty and University Lecturers.
DBA Alumni Community
- Alumni of the DBA programme are business leaders within the private and public sector and/or work in universities with a strong focus on seeking innovative ways for greater efficiency of organisations.
Benefits of the Lok Jack GSB
- Globally accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- Locally accredited by the Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT)
- GATE funding available for eligible individuals
- Brilliant and qualified faculty of local and international academics and experts
- Academic faculty who have completed extensive research in business education internationally
- Practitioners who are business owners with successful operations and expansions in many territories
- Dedicated faculty who facilitate learning and ensure you have grasped concepts for each area of business in this specialty
Premium Student Experience
- Access to UWI-Lok Jack GSB’s community of more than 2,000 alumni
- Mentorship opportunities with prominent alumni
- Networking opportunities
- International Study Trips
- HigherEd EFMD Global Career Services
- World-class facilities available for study, research, and recreation
- Additional access to the UWI, St. Augustine’s facilities
Facilitate further development of the Caribbean region and encourage critical research in all areas of management.
A master’s degree in a management-related discipline (at least B+ average), from a recognized university with either:
- Relevant working experience (minimum seven years) in a senior managerial position, with access to strategic and operational data of a firm.
- A minimum of three years lecturing experience at the tertiary level.
Doctoral Research Proposal (applicants are required to submit a two page Proposal – guidelines will be provided)
The DBA is a part-time programme comprised of:
- 8 core courses
- 2 Advanced Reading Electives (seminars)
- 1 comprehensive exam
- 1 dissertation and oral defense
Candidates will be required to present at seminars and complete all of the core courses.
- Seminar One – Research Synopsis of Dissertation Topic
- Seminar Two – Final Research Proposal Presentation
For quality control purposes, candidates will sit a comprehensive examination in the final term of the taught programme. Candidates will be required to achieve a minimum grade of 50% in order to proceed to the research stage of the programme.
Dissertation / Oral Defense
The participants must submit the research proposal (complete with literature review), upon completion of the proposal writing core course for approval before the commencement of year two of studies. The dissertation should be 40, 000 – 50, 000 words and submitted in the format specified by the “Thesis Guide” of the University of the West Indies. To complete the programme successfully, participants must complete a viva voce.
- BUAD 8000: Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methodologies for Managerial Decision-Making (all modules: 6 credits)
- Module I: Philosophy of Management research (9 hours)
- Module II: Quantitative Research Design & Methods (27 hours)
- International Marketing (36 hours) – 3 credits
- Symposium: Power point presentation & Paper based on Q&Q Method-DRR1
- BUAD 8000: Quantitative and Qualitative Research Methodologies for Managerial Decision-Making
- Module III: Qualitative Research Design & Methods (27 hours)
- Module IV: Communication & Advanced Research Skills (9 hours)
- BUAD 8009: Strategy Dynamics (36 hours) – 3 credits
- Symposium: Dissertation Power point presentation & Proposal Paper
- Symposium: Multivariate
- BUAD 8026: Elective Seminar (24 hours) – 6 credits
- BUAD 8001: Statistics and Multivariate Analysis for Managers (36 hours) – 3 credits
- BUAD 8006: Finance (36 hours) – 3 credits
- BUAD 8030: Econometrics (36 hours) – 3 credits
- BUAD 8007: Internationalization of SMEs (36 hours) – 3 credits
- BUAD 8002: Global Management Trends (36 hours) – 3 credits
- BUAD 8027: Directed Reading Elective (24 hours) – 3 credits
- Symposium: Dissertation base Power Point presentation & Dissertation Research paper
- * Comprehensive Examination- to be completed 1 month after final examination.
- Thesis Preparation
Contact Us Today!
Join an institution that will contribute significantly to your professional and personal development!
Contact us today to speak with an Academic Advisor:
- 645-6700 ext. 200
Download the Programme Brochure!